Top 10 Reasons to Visit Moroccoby Hassan El Amrani on 04/14/15
Hans Christian Andersen said, "To travel is to live." For centuries, the vibrance of Morocco has enlivened visitors and toursist. Here are our top 10 reasons to reinvigorate yourself with a tour in Morocco.
- Rich History - The history of Morocco has been influenced by the indiginous Berbers and many diverse cultures in Africa and Europe over the centuries. Where else can you visit ancient Kasbahs, Roman ruins, royal palaces, and mosques?
- Diverse Landscapes - Morocco offers the perfect opportunity to see diverse landscapes from the snow-capped Atlas Mountains, to the breath-taking dunes of the Sahara, to the towering gorges, and beautiful beaches of both the Atlantic and Mediterranian coastlines. It's a feast for the eyes.
- Unforgettable Cities - Marrakech, Fes, Tangier, Casablanca, Rabat... Morocco's cities are unique and diverse, awaiting your exploration. Fragrant gardens, lively markets, peaceful parks, winding alleys, and street performers will make every turn an adventure.
- Delectable Cuisine - Because of its important place in the spice trade route, Moroccan food is known for its unique flavors and colors. Experience the ubiquitous mint tea, couscous, tagines, dates, olives... and wonderful infusions of seasonings like saffron, cumin, cinnamon, and cilantro.
- Hospitable Culture - Moroccans are known for their tolerance/openness and kind hospitality, which is extended to tourists with warmth and welcome...and plenty of mint tea!
- Interesting Architecture and Decor - Archways, courtyards, ornate caligraphy, intricate mosaic tilework, and colorful carpets typify Morocco and transport you to another world.
- Exciting Shopping - The souks (markets) of Morocco are brimming with exquisite handmade items of all variety from jewelry to textiles, from leather goods to spices. Even if you're not planning to buy, the bustling and colorful sites make a walk in the souk a quintessential Moroccan experience.
- Fun Festivals - Morocco hosts many festivals such as the Rose Festival, Marrakech International Film Festival, Erfoud Date Festival, the World Sacred Music Festival, or the Imichil Marriage Festival. Each offers the opportunity to experience a new facet of Morocco from ancient to modern.
- Relaxing Cafes - The sights and sounds of Morocco can often be enjoyed while relaxing in an outdoor or rooftop cafe. Watch the action in Jemaa El Fna, hear the Muslim call to prayer emanating from a local mosque, or simply observe the locals on a typical Moroccan day.
- Undeniable Value and Convenience - Morocco can be enjoyed by travelers with budgets from modest to luxurious. Under Moroccan Sun will help you formulate an itinerary that suits your interests and respects your budget. It may feel like you're worlds away, but Morocco is very accessible! It's only a quick hop away from Europe by flight or ferry, and travelers from the US can reach Morocco even by direct flights (such as New York to Casablanca) in a mere 6 hours.
There are dozens of reasons to tour Morocco, and Under Moroccan Sun strives to inspire our patrons to experience them all!